For Your First Visit
We want you to know what to expect and what to bring with you for your first appointment. This will make your first visit to our practice more comfortable for you. You will be learning important information, so it’s a good idea to bring along a family member or friend for support and help with yourcommunication with the care team.
At your first appointment, you will be welcomed into our practice and meet your physician and cancer care team. You will learn more about your diagnosis and the best treatment options.
Your first visit may include the following:
- Meeting your doctor, which could include an examination
- Taking additional lab tests, which are needed to establish an accurate diagnosis, and help your physician prepare your treatment plan
- Meeting the nurses, medical assistants and other members of your personal medical care team
- Meeting with your financial counselor, who will help you understand your insurance coverage, out-of-pocket expenses, and financial responsibilities and can discuss any related questions you might have about these costs
Bring a list of questions and a pen and paper for writing down notes or instructions. We encourage you to bring your patient folder to each appointment which will help you organize, maintain and update important information.
Click here to open a list of questions for your doctor that you can print and take with you to your visit.
- Why Florida Cancer Affiliates
- The US Oncology Network
- For Your First Visit
- Make a Payment
- Patient Forms
- Emergencies or Urgent Calls
- Insurance & Financial Information
- Patient Resources
- Helpful Websites
- Second Opinions & Referrals
- Patient Advocacy