- Need help understanding a term?
Use our cancer glossary to learn more.
Financial Counseling Information
As part of our patient care services, we provide financial counseling for our patients. Once your FCA physician has established your treatment plan, we will arrange for you to meet with one of our financial counselors to discuss your medical insurance, co-pays, out-of-pocket expenses and our billing policies. Patients are responsible for the co-pay and out-of-pocket expenses related to their office visits, lab tests, procedures and treatments.
There are several programs for eligible patients that are having difficulties in paying their out-of-pocket expenses and co-pays:
- Patient Assistance Programs- Many pharmaceutical companies provide eligible patients with medication assistance.
- Co-pay Assistance Programs- These programs provide financial assistance for out-of-pocket treatment expenses related to a specific diagnosis.
General requirements for these programs include specific information that the patient must supply to the financial counselor. It is the patient's responsibility to bring in the necessary documentation to be considered for these programs. The patient will need to provide proof of income for each person in the household which is required for all programs, such as a copy of each person's most recent income tax return, Social Security Award letter or 1099SSA form. The financial counselors will also need to know your household size (number of people in the household including yourself).
- Why Florida Cancer Affiliates
- The US Oncology Network
- For Your First Visit
- Make a Payment
- Patient Forms
- Emergencies or Urgent Calls
- Insurance & Financial Information
- Patient Resources
- Helpful Websites
- Second Opinions & Referrals
- Patient Advocacy